Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Pillow Covers



Scrolling through Pinterest recently, I came across a pin for this:
10 Sweet and Spooky Halloween Pillowsjpg 10 Sweet and Spooky Halloween Pillows
Source: The New Home Ec

I was really hoping to make some simple slip covers for the pillows I keep on our couch and love seat and was most inspired by this one:


Source: Someday Crafts Blog

I used the template she had but it printed out super small so instead I free-handed my skeleton and bones.  I cut them out of white felt by using a fabric marker to draw the outline.  Rather than embroider the felt skeleton pieces onto my pillow piece, I machine embroidered it using orange thread.  



After that, I decided to make use of some fabric strips I had in my stash.  I made them into ruffles then pinned and sewed them onto pillow pieces as well.  












I'm happy with how everything worked out!  The ruffle pillow covers aren't perfect and I'm realizing the black fabric is tough.  We have a golden/lab mix dog and his hair shows up!  With a 3 year old and a 1 year old it seems like our throw pillows are CONSTANTLY on the floor whether I want them to be or not.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment