Sunday, October 14, 2012

And It's Another Craft Fail...

Source: The V Spot

I thought this was the CUTEST idea ever!  I have an old typography style globe that I picked up last year at a garage sale for $3.  I love having it around the house and I had it up in the house for my 'back to school' decorations but adding it to my Halloween decor seemed too good to be true!

Well, it was.



Egad!  What a mess!  I bought some 'removable' glue dots and went to town... until the ribbon corners/edges started getting caught up in the metal frame as I was spinning the globe to add the next section of ribbon.  So, I got out my trusty 'blue painters tape' (I swear, this stuff is ALL over my house....) and tried to tape down the corners/edges to keep them from catching.  DID NOT WORK AT ALL.  The ribbons just never seemed tight enough, everything just caught up in the frame as it spinned and finally - I decided it was just time to give up.  :(

Globe - 1, Amy - 0

Oh well.... I've had a lot of DIY successes lately so I suppose it's not too awful that this one didn't work out!  My excuse?  That my globe had the bumps of the typography.  ;)  Yep, that's my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment