Tuesday, February 21, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Decorations

We had family visit right after Valentine's Day so I decided to go ahead and tear down the hearts and put up some shamrocks!  I was TOTALLY original this time around!  I did find a great printable via pinterest but otherwise, I did it ALL on my own!  Maybe some of my ideas will inspire you this time around!  ;)

My front door got some shamrock green with a bright and festive yarn wreath!


I love how this turned out - I purchased the wreath form then used yarn from my stash.... then I added fabric flowers and flowers made out (drumroll please) CUPCAKE LINERS!!!!  I love how they look!!! (scroll down to see what else I did with those cupcake liners!  $1.99 for 50 at World Market!)

In my entryway I set out these great cut-out placemats and used existing mason jar tea lights & mercury glass but added some festive green ribbon:

In the dining area I put out this great black & white runner that I made/used for Halloween - it's a great backdrop for the fun 'candy jars' I made before Valentine's Day (filled with rainbow colored candies) and I added a shamrock to my blackboard canvas.  Above the buffet is a garland that I made using more of those cupcake liners!  LOVE how it turned out too!



The mantle was a lot of fun - I used a lot of finds from The Dollar Store (felt shamrock place mats) and Michael's (tin St. Patrick's Day buckets).  

this garland was made using scrap ribbon and three felt shamrock 'placemats' found at The Dollar Store!

The 'lucky' banner was made using green cardstock, fabric, glitter glue and ribbon.  The scalloped circle garland was made using a scallooped circle punch, cardstock and then sewn together....

most of these items were 'found' around my house or kitchen!

Same here - although I did make the 'hurricane vase' using Dollar Store items, and the subway art is a printable from www.eighteen25.blogspot.com - love those gals!
Linking up to:
Oopsey Daisy

1 comment:

  1. I love your wreath! So pretty! This makes me realize that I need to start working on some St. Patrick's Day projects! Thanks for inspiring! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete