Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Crafty Failure




I found a fantastic tutorial/idea on Pinterest recently that I just knew I had to try.... how cool do these look? 
Source:Pure and Noble


In her tutorial/explanation she decided to use a hot glue gun vs. puffy paint as the original blogger did... I figured  - yeah, let's try it.  Unfortunately I was sloppy - all those little strings that happen when you use a glue gun?  They are VERY noticeable when you spray paint over the top of them.  Boo!  This craft project was a MAJOR FAIL!  Grade:  D-

Here's a better picture - see all the little strings?  Yuck.  This went into the recycle bin.


This vase was salvageable - I have it as part of my Halloween decor on my mantle but I don't 'love' it


Here are the black versions I did.... the first was a glass vase - I initially tried writing some words on it but that didn't work at all so instead I chipped that glue off and just tried putting on stripes.  Thankfully I only did one side!    The second version was just a soup can!  It turned out much better but only because I didn't use any glue on it!  ;)
Next time I'm trying the puffy paint.....



Do you have any 'craft projects gone wrong' stories to share?

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I stumbled across you blog on Pinterest. Don't feel bad about fails! I was actually wondering about this same one. Don't think I'm going to bother trying! :-) I'd love to link to your post on my blog (that's about Pinterest fails) if you wouldn't mind. Let me know if you might be interested! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      Thanks for your note! Yes - you can definitely link me up to a post on your blog. I love all the Pinterest fails - they are hilarious! Glad I can help out in a small way.... :)

      Delete
  2. Ack! Almost forgot that I asked you this! I just wrote the post - it's scheduled to go live tomorrow. Thanks again for letting me use it!

    ReplyDelete