Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Obsessed with Lilacs

Lilac Flower


The lilacs in my area are starting to bloom and I couldn't be happier.  I've been stealing them for a couple weeks now...  It's something I've done for years - when I lived in Seattle after college there were some bushes in a house that backed up to the alley behind my apartment.  I would wait until nightfall and then run out with a pair of scissors and a vase and snip branch after branch.... now I've gotten bold enough to steal blooms in the daylight!  There seem to be many bushes here in town and many 'seem to be' on public property - perfect for picking and enjoying!  I happened upon some bushes near our downtown area a week ago and broke off a couple branches then.  While running errands yesterday I stopped by again and filled a whole bucket full.  They're currently swimming in water; providing their sweet smell in my kitchen.  It actually MAKES me want to do dishes because I have a small vase perched on the window sill in front of my kitchen sink.  Who knew?


We head out on vacation soon and I just hope that they aren't past their peak when we return - I'll want to go 'steal' more as soon as we get home!


I was inspired to look online at Etsy to see what lilac goodies I could find.  Here's a sampling:


il_fullxfull.133039260.jpg
Spring Lilac Perfume from orangethyme:  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43517725

il_fullxfull.135700023.jpg

il_fullxfull.94206153.jpg

lovely lilac



























Lilac blossom - FREE SHIPPING


Lilac Merrymaker Skirt, 2-3T


New MCN Lilac Dream Truffle Chocolatee Line


I hope you've enjoyed these lilac finds from Etsy as much as I have!  If you can - go brighten your home with your own vase of Lilac cuttings!


No comments:

Post a Comment